5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wisconsin Tourism
Wisconsin is home to many of the most popular attractions in the country. From sports teams like the Brewers and Bucks, to breweries like New Glarus Brewing Company, there are plenty of things to do when you visit our great state. Did you know that Wisconsin has over 100 breweries? And that’s just one thing on this list of 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wisconsin Tourism!
1) The cost of living in Wisconsin is nearly 20% cheaper than the national average.
2) There are more than 100 breweries throughout the state that offer tours and tastings.
3) The cheese industry alone contributes $43 billion annually to the economy. The only other states with higher contributions from their respective cheese industries are California and New York. Wisconsin produces more than 600 different types of cheese!
4) The official state song is “On, Wisconsin!” It was written by William T. Purdy in 1913 as part of a contest held by the State Historical Society of Wisconsin.
5) In 2012, Tourism brought $12 billion into the state economy which accounted for 5% of all jobs within the state according to Market Watch . This means that 330,000 people depend on this sector for their livelihoods!